Thursday, February 24, 2011

Faith first 4 (Dealing with doubt)

There have been many times in the past where despite my optimism and faith I have wondered whether I have done the right thing or if I have miss read God intentions for me and my leadership. It can seem a little irreverent to doubt God and His plan's but every time I doubt the more I discover about the God I am doubting. I don't think God is at all worried if we doubt in Him, His power and authority because we are acknowledging that he is involved with what is going on. In my experience, doubt usually leads to a reigniting faith.


In leadership it is easy to doubt so much you do nothing or have no doubt and only do what you want to do. There needs to be a balance struck between faith and dealing with the doubt when it comes your way. By doubting our faith in God's plan we are more likely to ask the questions that will lead us and help lead others to a deeper understanding and more authentic experience of who God is and what he has in store. It would be easy to put our doubts down to personal weakness rather than an opportunity to see God work in and through us.

There are always going to be moments where we doubt first rather than have faith first but in these moments we are allowing God to be placed first. We maybe shaken but he will always be unshakable (Psalm 62:2).

Matt

No comments: