Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Faith first (2)

Whenever I have taken a spiritual gifts questionnaire I have always had the gift of faith in my top 3. And yet as a result, I have struggled with are the issues of pride and arrogance in my life and leadership. This is a danger that I have been (and still am) working on a lot over the past couple of years. I know that I can be over confident, which has meant being under prepared for meetings, worship, conversations and life in general. The danger is that these issues and character flaws can be detrimental to both my leadership and God's plan for my life and the church I lead.


However, I also have witnessed God use me in amazing ways because of my faith. I believe that God can do anything. I have prayer for people who have been healed, prayed for situations that seem impossible and yet have become reality. Faith in what God can do, must never never be underestimated but similarly never taken for granted or used to personal promotion. I have learnt a lot during my time at Aspley about ensuring that God gets the credit when he uses my faith.

My faith must be place in God first, then and only then will God honour my faith.



Matt

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good to see you posting again mate!

You know that organisation has never been my strong suit and it's so easy to slip into a mentality of 'Well Gods in control so I'm sure it'll be fine' especially in a leadership capacity. I think though I've got to prepare as well as I can and then pray that god will take care of the things I might have missed and pray he takes over when I missed the point of what he wants to say.

I also agree that the glory always has got to back to God. However much it feels good to be praised for doing something well I've always got to be careful not to just accept it without acknowleging it's only as good as it is because of what God is able to do through me.