Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Seeing God at work

It is just over a year since Lizzy and I first came to meet people at Aspley. Time has flown by, lots of stuff has happened and will happen. Today was another of the many occasions where I have meet God at work. I recently joined the partnership for Children and Young people for the west area of Nottingham. Having attended about 5 meetings I have been asked to chair the group until next March. I feel completely out of my comfort zone, quite apprehensive about the responsibility and what work it may bring.
But here is where God shows up! My vice chair is someone I meet randomly just 3 weeks ago on a litter pick and she happens to go to a local church. She is someone that I instantly clicked with and will work well with. What an opportunity to be in a very significant position within the structure of Youth and Children's work for the. It will bring many opportunities for our church to show people God's grace and mercy.
At the end of the meeting I warned them that if I say "we will now close in prayer" to forgive me. I got quite a laugh! I guess you had to be there but for me I love it when I get to see God at work.
Matt

No comments: