Thursday, May 07, 2009

Fasting

I have been fasting, one day a week, for a couple of months. I have found it really helpful as part of my week to "go without something" and to focus on prayer throughout my day. Most Thursdays I fast food but a I have also fasted coffee. On the days I do fast I feel more energetic, focused and productive.

I am still getting to grips with making sure I don't make a big thing about it (did wonder if I should blog about it), don't want people to think I am more spiritual because I fast or it to become a ritual but a help aspect to my spiritual life. Fasting is just one simple way for me to focus my mind on God, when my tummy rumbles.... I pray, when I should be eating a meal.... I pray, read or do something productive.
I will continue to fast for the time being but will be mindful that I may need to review it in the future.
Hope it helps if your thinking about it.
Matt

No comments: