Sunday, March 15, 2009

Thanks is not always easy!

The last 10 days has been a tough one in our house. It has been a time of hurt and pain for us as a couple as Lizzy miscarried at 7 weeks. It has at times been surreal and at others desperately sad. Some of the times I haven't really thought about it but the all of a sudden the emotion and feelings have crept up on me.

I emailed my best mate Mark (who is in South Africa) to let him know and to ask him to pray for us. We exchanged a few emails and in on of them was this comment; "Thanksgiving is not circumstance dependant". Which may seem a little insensitive but that's what good friends are about. It really made me think about our circumstances, others who may have experienced the same thing. Even in times of pain and loss can I still praise God, can I still thank Him for who He is and His presence in my life?

It still isn't easy, I think about what could have been, dates and stuff like that but I am also grateful to God for a wife to share my pain with and someone who I can rely on. I give thanks to God for the last week because He has been in it in many different ways, like friends, family and our church community.

This sentence popped up on a PowerPoint slide this week: "Gods answers are always better than our prayers!"

Thanks

Matt

No comments: