Sunday, March 22, 2009

Rhythm or Retreat

I have been on our SA leaders retreat for the East Midlands this week. It is was nice to get away, have time to read, catch up with a few friends and have some teach on Servant Leadership. The teaching was good with stuff for me to take away and think about.
However, I was prompted to think about the retreats purpose and value via a line in a song we used. The 4 words were "rhythm of His grace". I wonder how many of the leaders present were there to get away because they are worn out, burned out, spiritually low or just far to busy and don't get time to stop. Without trying to sound like I have it sorted, retreat for me is not necessary or vital for my well being yet nor is it a thorn in my week.
My experience is that you need a good rhythm to your week, whether an Officer, centre manager, office worker, at school etc. Having a rhythm allows you to have free time to read, think, time to do the house work and have leisure time in your week. As I look at Jesus life there is always times of rest, time for friends, teaching, others and doing His Fathers work. When He is arrested, charged and crucified He is ready for it, He know God's grace is what will sustain Him for what was to come.
Matt

No comments: