Monday, June 30, 2008

Tsvangirai speaks to the BBC

I have spent the day fasting and praying for Zimbabwe. It has been a good day and I have reflected not just on what I can do but what I believe God can do in this desperate situation.

Mugabe himself said that "Only God would remove him ." What that looks like, I have no idea. It seems that a UN peacekeeping force is problematical, sanctions will effect the citizens of Zimbabwe but words from African leaders will only get us so far.

I believe that God can work in and through all things and my deep prayer is that He will work in this situation and i will continue to pray in that hope. Practically, I am writing a letter to my local MP to express my discomfort and sorrow for the people of Zimbabwe. Will it make a difference? Will I feel better? It is only a small response but I must do something!



Matt



Tsvangirai speaks to the BBC about his decision to pull out of the elections in Zimbabwe.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/7480974.stm

No comments: