Friday, June 27, 2008

What can I do!


Voting in Zimbabwe is underway. There is a choice if an oppressive, dictatorial and murderous leader or an oppressive, dictatorial and murderous leader. Not much of a choice.

President Mugabe is running with this election to legitimise his power and rule to both the citizens of the country and the rest of the world. But everyone knows he does not have the support of his people. He makes them vote with fear for the lives and families lives.

But what can I do? what can we do? In a state of helplessness, I am going fast every Monday for a month to pray for Zimbabwe and its people and government. Its not much but what else can I do. Boycotting products and companies is problematical because of innocent peoples lives being effected by those actions. I can't vote him out! I don't have the influence to make others put pressure on him so pray is my first and last resort.

Join me in prayer that hope and freedom are allowed to rule in Zimbabwe.

Matt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Considering the fact that it could be more accurate in giving informations.