Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Secret Agents wanted........

Following on from my last post, I have been thinking a lot about what it means to be a people of the kingdom. Is it enough just to be a fully paid up member of a local church or is there more to it than that? What does a kingdom based Church look like and how can Churches get there?
I have nearly finished Brian McLaren's book, "The secret message of Jesus" and have been struck by its depth yet simplistic nature. He (McLaren) has been able to dig deep, right to the bone in places, and reveal to me a lot of the bits of have missed or misplaced of my understanding of the kingdom of God. You could be forgiven for thinking that he is taking a huge swipe at the church but I think he is off loading his own frustration and allow himself to become vulnerable to Jesus' message.
God has been testing me and challenging me about what my part is in His kingdom is and about what that will entail. With Appointments only 7 days away it seams all a little to late but actually the timing could not be better! I believe that God has called me to do this and so must believe that he has and still is preparing me for what is to come. The world needs a church that is raw, that is real and is willing to admit that it has missed the point once to often and needs moulding once again by a message that can change the world now! Can I do it, can Lizzy and I do it, can the church do it????? I don't think we have a choice!!

Matt

No comments: