Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The who and not the how.

As I blogged yesterday, I have been challenged as to whom I share my faith with. It is easy to get caught up with the how that we forget that this is about the eternal hope of those that have no faith. Telling people about who Jesus is and the difference he makes in and through my life needs to be higher on my agenda. I have always been good at connecting with people, taking the church to new places and being prepared to venture in territory undiscovered but have not always been clear and open about the message. It is easy to hide behind my "role" and try and do evangelism purely as a church rather than personally. This is where the who comes in. Essentially, I know a lot about the how but have not been intentional enough about the who I share it with. But I want to be.

As I said at the end of my last blog, making evangelism part of my normal everyday life is the hard bit but I am making a start. There are two people I am praying for to come to faith. Today, I had a great opportunity to talk to one of those people about the purpose of the church and the difference God should make in a Christians life. That's it. She didn't come to faith and become a christian but we have begun a journey that I pray will see her know God. It's a start and is more than we have spoken about in the past. Now I need to keep going because the thing that strikes me deeply is that if I don't who will. This is not to say I am better than others at evangelism but I have the opportunity and ultimately the responsibility.

God is always at work, his spirit is always speaking. My prayer is that I am always ready and available to join in with what he is up to. 

Matt

No comments: