Sunday, December 23, 2007

Blair's Conversion?

Two things have struck me about the story of Tony Blair's conversion from the Church of England to the Catholic Church.

The first is this:
What is the big news. I know i don't fully appreciate the complicated history between the CofE and the Roman Catholic Church but i know there is not difference in the God they worship! What is the big news here. Is it a case of the media making to much of something again or is it really that important?

Secondly:

I read the below comment that made challenged me about the state of our nation. it read:

Blair's obvious religious side has long been viewed with suspicion, even hostility, by the largely agnostic or secular British intellectual and media elites. (http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1196847405564&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull)

The questions for me is "how much should the church be involved in politics?" and "how can we be involved in politics?"

I will have a think and come back to those.

I hope and pray you have all had a wonderful Christmas!

Matt

No comments: