Thursday, December 06, 2007

Standing out!

"Thought Harry Potter was blasphemous? That was kids' stuff compared to the His Dark Materials trilogy, in which God is an impostor, angels are sexually ambiguous and the Church kidnaps, tortures and assassinates to achieve its goals, one of which is stealing children's souls." - http://www.mtvasia.com/News/200711/05014981.html

A Christian group has lost its High Court battle to prosecute the BBC's director general over the screening of Jerry Springer - The Opera in 2005. - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7128552.stm

I am glad that the Christian group lost their bid to prosecute the BBC. Not because I think that the BBC should be protected from prosecution but because as a Christian I have no problem with these things being made, even shown. What have we to worry about! I am going to see the Golden Compass because I want to know what all the fuss is about. I want to be able to have opportunity to work through some of the questions for myself because I work with young people who no doubt will go and see it.

I know that God is bigger than any film or opera made by man and if we are to be effective witness we need to know that answers (or work through them with people) when questions are raise through these mediums.

Matt

No comments: