Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Run Forest........

I have got a place in the Virgin London Marathon 2010 and last week I went for my first full session at the gym on my workout to build up my stamina. I ached a little the day after but not too badly.

I began my work out OK and the moved on to the cross trainer, which is like running with ski poles in your hands and not lifting your feet up. There are two directions: forwards and backwards. After about 7 mins I realised I had been running backwards. No wonder it was hard work and feeling a little weird. My mind was thinking forward but my body was going backwards. Once I changed directions and got into my stride It felt much better. When I went to the gym on Sunday I made sure I was going the right way.

You can probably see where this is heading. As the church we may think we are going in the right direction but it seems hard work. If that is the case then we need to stop what we are doing and refocus our methods. It is easy to plough head on for a long time with taking looking back to see where we have been, where we have gone wrong and we we need to do differently. God doesn't want his church to work hard, I believe he wants his church to work smart.

26.3 miles is a long way so I had better make sure I train and run smart.

Matt

No comments: