Monday, February 23, 2009

What have I been thinking about lately?

Thanks to Brian Mclaren's book "A New Kind of Christian", I have had loads of stuff running through my head lately and just wanted to get it out of my head as it started to hurt!!!
I have been mulling over what the challenge of the church is in the 21st century, what should the church look like, focus on and do to show the heart of God. Is every church suppose to grow numerically and look for bigger premises or is planting the future? Is the church to be poor or rich? How important is Sunday as part of the churches weekly life? Is Post-modernity something to be embraced or is it an enemy of the church?
Not really sure what I think at the moment but that's OK. I believe that as part of a healthy christian journey we must wrestle with these questions and seek God's inspiration to discover the future of the church other wise we will have none.
Over the next few blogs, I will look at a few of the issues.
Matt

No comments: