Saturday, November 29, 2008

Carolling or Football

Today was the first carolling gig for the Aspley band indoors at Homebase. It was good fun and a few people were around but it didn't seem that busy. A few people stopped and listened and a few people chatted to our collectors. We raised some money for our corps work which is obvious one of the main reasons why we go out over the festive period.

At 1pm, I had leave early to go off to play football for my pub team. I hadn't played for a few weeks so was looking forward to seeing the guys and maybe get to play. It was a cold afternoon and I was sub so happily took the flag to keep warm on the line. I didn't get on but it was a close game which we came away 3-2 winners.

So which is more important? Do I have to put my role as Corps Officer over playing football? Should I not play football because I should support the band? Or, is my passion to play football and build relationships with guys in the team a good enough reason for leaving early?

Where would Jesus be?

Matt

No comments: