Monday, July 07, 2008

Commissioning 2008

What a weekend. I have now been commissioned as a Salvation Army Officer, have moved back to Leicester and in 24 days move to Aspley to take up my appointment as the church leader.

It has been a long and difficult year. Lots of traveling for Lizzy and I (22,000 for Lizzy to be precise), lonely weeks apart and the strain of exams and assignments but we have made it.

For me, commissioning weekend symbolised all that is good about faith in God. When He calls people and they respond amazing things happen, anything is possible. For me it is being a church leader for Lizzy it is being a surgeon. Our vocational paths may rarely pass but our journey of faith is very much as one.
God has called us. We responded. Now, we follow.
Matt
P.S Aspley here we come. We can't wait.

No comments: