Thursday, April 02, 2009

Vision over Visibility

I am a huge U2 fan (going to see them in August) and always buy their latest album. On of my favorites is called "moment of surrender" which I have listened to an awful lot. The line that has got me thinking a lot recently is this line; "At the moment of surrender of vision over visibility."

Why? Because it has made me think about my life as a follower of Jesus and as a leader of a church. Sometimes it feels like the visibility is limited or non-existent in our relationship. We wonder where we are headed, what is going to happen next and are we doing the right thing. I have been questioning myself a lot recently about what I need to prioritise in my life and what our church should be doing to be effective in Aspley.

I even though the visibility maybe poor, the vision is not. The vision of a community connected in Jesus, with each other and for each other is very much alive. Our vision sustains us, it bring hope and passion to keep on going. It breathes life in to our being to get on and do what is required for the kingdom. The vision demands us to surrender to God's plan and let him loose on our lives.
This post may not make much sense to you but its where I find myself and where God finds me too.
Matt

No comments: